Friday, January 17, 2014

Udi's Wins Sundance Grand Tasty Prize!

Who thought I'd get to eat a grilled cheese?!
Sundance! Full of films, filmmakers, actors, ski-bum, swag bags, and (unfortunately) an abundance of gluten. There are lots of great places to eat on Main Street in Park City, but like in my everyday life, I have to be hyper aware of the content of my
meals and how they're prepared. I've gotten pretty good at this thing (been gluten free since mid 2007), but still-- going out to eat is often a crap shoot.

Best. Email. Ever.




Enter the amazing people at Udi's!







The beautiful Tori models the menu!


As I mentioned in a previous post, the Udi's Gluten Free Table at Sundance saves. my. butt. Well! Let me tell you! They're in a gorgeous new location this year, and the food is even better than last year (didn't think that was possible). Here's just a taste (see what I did just there?!) of what we had, and expect to have, through this Sunday:



And the award goes to-- beets!


"Grilled Gruyere and Sweet Onion Grilled Cheese: Served on Udi's Millet-Chia Bread.

You GUYS. This sandwich was everything. The millet-chia is one of my favorite Udi's breads. Served with the aforementioned Ancient Grain Cheddar Chips that are, I think, made of unicorns.
Erin agrees. DELISH.
Also pictured above is the "Roasted Beet Salad: Jordan roasted beets, apples, apricots and spiced pumpkin seeds with gorgonzola and lemon cayenne dressing." I've had my share of beet salads in my day-- if it's on a menu I'll almost always order it. But the cayenne dressing and the pepitas really made this one stand apart with bright, tangy flavors and a nice crunch.

Among the other items I plan on trying this weekend are the "Vegan Chili (with a yummy Udi's dinner roll", the "Roasted Veggie Flatbread (goat cheeeeese)" and the "Veggie Breakfast Burrito (can't say no to queso fresco). Did I mention they have a "Banana and Nutella Quesadilla" and TWO types of ice cream sandwiches?! No? Well, they do.




Udi's also partnered this year with Give Back Films-- you can tweet them at @UdisGlutenFree and #giveback, and 1 tweet= $1 toward Give Back Films!





The Udi's Gluten Free Table is open Saturday 10-4 and Sunday 12:30-4. Sundancers, get there. And non-Sundancers, you can find delicious, certified gluten free Udi's products in most grocery stores nationwide!

Yours, in awesome imperfection,
Katie





No comments:

Post a Comment